Apple walnut brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely chopped apples
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square cake pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching.
- Beat eggs in a bowl until light and lemon-colored; gradually beat in sugar. Stir chocolate mixture into egg mixture and beat rapidly for 1 minute.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl; add to chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Stir walnuts, apples, and vanilla extract into chocolate mixture until batter is combined. Spoon batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake brownies in the preheated oven until set, about 40 minutes.