- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla. Stir in the flour just until blended then fold in the white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and coconut.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls. Place the cookies 3 inches apart onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on top. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.