Blueberry ginger smoothie
- Carbs: 12 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Fat: 40 g
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp powder ginger
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk or coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup crushed ice
- pinch of mineral salt
- stevia sweetener to taste
- optional: blackberries, chia seeds, a squeeze of lemon juice
- Grate or finely chop ginger. MIx all ingredients in a blender for 20 seconds.
- Note 1: freezing berries increases sweetness. Frozen water crystals expand and break down cell walls, which make sugars more available to the taste buds.
- Note 2: Ginger is a carrier herb, which increases the potency of the foods it accompanies. It has a spicy flavor and medicinal qualities.
- Note 3: Blueberries, strawberries and raspberries have a low sugar content.
- Serving size: 2 cups.