Butterscotch brownies 2
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream together 1/4 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the walnuts. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the brownies start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, combine 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar and milk in a small saucepan over medium- high heat.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cool and beat in the confectioners’ sugar.
- Adjust the milk or confectioners’ sugar if necessary to achieve a good spreading consistency. Spread over cooled bars and let set before cutting into squares.