- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw plain kefir
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp green powdered stevia
- 1 ½ cups ¼” diced green apple
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup chopped soaked walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened carob chips
1. The night before – put oats in a clean, glass bowl. Add kefir and stir until fully combined.
2. Cover with a clean dishcloth and set-aside until morning. Unwrap and put 1/3 cup butter in a small bowl to soften, cover with a tea towel and go to bed!
3. In the morning – preheat your oven to 350˚. Locate 2 regular cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
4. To the kefir-oat mixture, add eggs, softened butter, almond butter, cinnamon, sea salt & stevia.
5. With a hand mixer, beat until fully combined. Add remaining ingredients, and with a hand mixer, bean until fully combined.
6. Using a 1½“ ice cream scoop or large spoon, drop cookies onto the prepared cookie sheets leaving an inch in between each drop. These cookies won’t grow much in the oven.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the bottoms are beautifully brown. The crunchy bottom is important. Serve warm or cooled.