Classic cheesecake bars
- 16 ounces (2 large bars) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup graham cracker / digestive biscuits, crumbs (crust)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (crust)
- 1/4 cup melted butter (crust)
1. Line an 8 x 8 square baking dish with foil. Lightly spray with non-stick spray. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until all crumbs are moist.
2. Lightly press crumb mixture into prepared baking dish. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
3. Add in sour cream and sugar and beat again. Add eggs, one at a time, to cream cheese mixture, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and beat one more time.
4. Spoon mixture on top of prepared crust, smoothing to completely cover crust. Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, until center no longer wobbles and edges are just starting to turn golden.
5. Remove from oven and let cool completely before refrigerating. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. For easy cutting, remove cheesecake from pan and pull foil off.
6. Heat a knife in a cup of hot water for a minute or 2, then wipe knife dry before cutting. Wipe knife clean after each cut.