Cocoa coconut low carb shake
- Carbs: 2.7 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Fat: 23 g
- 4 oz full fat coconut cream or milk (to make extra creamy, freeze your coconut cream beforehand, see notes for lighter option)
- 2 tbsp coconut MCT oil or melted coconut oil (grass fed butter also works)
- 8 oz almond or unsweetened coconut drinking milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp creamy almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- Optional add ins to sweeten it – berries, stevia leaf or xylitol, cinnamon, banana or maple syrup for extra sweetness (banana and maple syrup will add additional carbohydrates but still very nutrient dense and healthy)
- Place all ingredients into a blender, blend all together and go. For more protein add in 1-2 tbsp grass fed collagen protein or vegan protein powder of choice.
- MCT oil to add if desired. (if you add extra coconut oil, be sure to consume right away so the shake doesn’t get clumpy). See notes.
- Note 1: This makes 2 smaller, very filling shakes or 1 large nutrient dense chocolate shake.
- Note 2: This shake is rich, but not sweet if you don’t add a sweetener. Erythritol or a xylitol sweetener like swerve are diabetic friendly. Or you can add stevia.
- Note 3: If you don’t care about carbohydrate intake, feel free to add in banana and/or maple syrup.
- Note 4: To lighten up, replace the coconut cream with almond milk (unsweetened) or coconut drinking milk. Still add in the MCT oils or melted coconut oil.
- Note 5: This shake can also be heated to make a creamy low carb creamy hot chocolate.
- Serving size: 6 oz.