Creamy homemade keto eggnog
- Carbs: 2.6 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Fat: 20.1 g
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated erythritol or swerve
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or cashew milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark rum – or more if you like your eggnog boozy
- optional: whiiped cream, ground cinnamon or nutmeg on top
- Place the egg yolks in to a bowl.
- Add the granulated erythritol and whisk until creamy and frothy. Set aside.
- Pour the almond milk into a sauce pan. Add the cream, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil over a high heat. Once foam starts to form, take off the heat.
- While the milk is still hot, use a ladle to gradually temper the hot almond milk and cream mixture into the egg yolk and erythritol mixture.
- When you have added about half of the almond and cream mixture, return everything into the pot with the remaining almond and cream mixture and cook until it reaches 70C/160 degrees F (this will take 6-8 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and pour into a medium mixing bowl (optionally, strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove any pieces of cooked egg and spices). Add the vanilla extract and dark rum.
- Set in the refrigerator to chill. Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Serving size: 5 fl oz or 150 ml.