Crispy, nutty, chewy
- ⅔ cup ground flax seeds (flaxseed meal)
- ½ cup unsweetened natural almond or peanut butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup, agave nectar, liquid honey
- ⅓ cup plain almond milk (or plain nondairy or dairy milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray the cup of a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together ground flax seeds, almond butter, maple syrup, and milk, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined. Stir in raisins until just combined.
3. Evenly divide batter into prepared muffin cups.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or edges are golden brown and tops appear somewhat dry. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.