Grapefruit white chocolate brownies
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 3 oz white chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 grapefruit, zested
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice, fresh
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 grapefruit, just fruit and juice
- ½ pod vanilla seeds
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Butter an 8×8” baking pan or line it with parchment.
- Carefully melt the butter and white chocolate in a saucepan over low heat.
- Measure the sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the melted butter and white chocolate combination into the sugar and mix well.
- Add the zest and grapefruit juice and mix well.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- For the jam, place all the ingredients in a saucepan and let it simmer until thick.
- This will take about 20 minutes.
- Cool and spread on top. Cut into bars.