Italian anisette cookies
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon anise extract
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and white sugar.
3. Make a well in the center and add oil, milk, 1 tablespoon anise extract, and eggs.
4. Mix together until dough is sticky. Oil fingers and pinch off dough in 1 inch pieces.
5. Roll into a ball and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart, flatten top slightly.
6. Bake for 8 minutes. Dip cookies in Icing while warm.
7. To make icing: blend in 1 teaspoon anise extract and enough hot water to 1 cup confectioner’s sugar to form a smooth icing.