Lemon cheesecake creme brulee bars
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons fine granulated sugar for brulee-ing, approximately
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 glass dish with parchment paper and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine butter, sugar, flour and vanilla until dough forms. Press evenly into the bottom of prepared dish. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whip cream cheese. Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Scrape sides and mix again. Pour in egg, lemon zest and juice.
4. Mix until mixture starts to thicken, 20-30 seconds. Scrape sides and mix again briefly. Pour overtop cookie bottom and smooth the top.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheesecake is set completely. Cool, then refrigerate. Cut into 16 squares and separate. Sprinkle the tops of each square with 1 teaspoon of sugar and spread around with finger to evenly distribute sugar.
6. Torch the tops until the sugar melts and turns an amber color. If you don’t have a torch, place under the broiler. Return squares to fridge until ready to serve.