- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 100 g butter
- 200 g granita biscuits
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cups pure icing sugar (icing)
- 20 g butter, softened (icing)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (icing)
1. Grease a 3cm deep, 15.5cm x 25cm (base) slab pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
2. Place condensed milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until smooth and combined. Remove from heat. Using a food processor, process biscuits until fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add coconut and lemon rind. Stir to combine. Add hot butter mixture. Mix well to combine. Press mixture over the base of prepared pan. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
4. To make lemon icing. Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add butter and lemon juice. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined. Spread icing over slice. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until icing has set. Cut into pieces. Serve.