- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour / plain flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 48 milk chocolate kisses
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar together. Beat in egg yolk and almond extract until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easier to work with.
3. Roll into 1-inch balls and roll in remaining coconut. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. After removing from oven, immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
5. Let cookies cool on pan for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is softened. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely