- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons bi carb soda
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line two baking sheets with baking paper. In a bowl beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg and egg yolk, beating until well combined.
3. Beat in the vanilla essence. Gradually add the flour and bi carb soda and beat just until incorporated. Using a spoonful of mixture form batter into balls.
4. Place six balls of dough on each baking tray. Gently flatten each ball of dough and completely cover the tops of the cookies with the M&M’s. Gently press the candies into the dough. Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
5. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking tray before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.Makes approx 22 large cookies this will vary depending on the size of cookies you make.