- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch strips
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup jarred pizza sauce or 1 cup marinara sauce
1. Whisk eggs and milk together. Dip in egg and crumbs one more time.
2. Placing cheese sticks on a wax paper covered cookie sheet and placed them in the freezer for about 15 minutes will keep them from running when you fry them.
3. Heat oil in skillet and cook sticks for about a minute on each side, or until golden and before cheese starts to leak.
4. Drain on paper towels.
5. Serve with sauce for dipping. May bake in oven at 375 for about 8-10 mins if you prefer not to fry in oil, just don’t leave then in too long, depends on if you freeze them how long they will take in the oven.