Peanut butter bars
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar / icing sugar (frosting)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (frosting)
- 2 tablespoons milk (frosting)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (frosting)
1. Put the peanut butter and butter in a saucepan over low heat to melt, do not let it boil, just warm and melt. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
2. Add the flour and stir to combine well. Spread evenly into a 13 x 9″ sheet cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool completely and frost.
3. To make the frosting. Whisk together all ingredients and spread over bars.