- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine and chocolate in saucepan and melt over low heat.
- Beat white sugar and eggs together, add chocolate mixture. Stir. Add 1/2 cup drained pineapple and blend. Measure in flour, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nuts and give it a good stirring.
- Scrape into greased 9 x 9 inch pan. Bake in 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes until edges show signs of pulling away from the pan. Cool. Frost with Pineapple Icing.
- To Make Pineapple Icing: Combine confectioners’ sugar, 3 tablespoons butter or margarine and 3 tablespoons pineapple in bowl and beat well, adding pineapple juice as needed for spreading. Smooth over brownies. Cut when set.