Pineapple nutmeg smoothie
- 1/2 cup baby carrots or roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/4 packed cup mashed overripe banana
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup pineapple juice or other liquid
- Place the carrots in a microwave-safe bowl and cover 3/4 high with water. Cover the bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until softened. Drain the water and allow carrots to cool until they are at least comfortable to touch, and ideally at room temperature.
- Combine all of the ingredients in your blender and puree on the high setting until smooth. Add more liquid as needed to keep things moving, and/or more spices to taste.
- Pour into your glass, garnish with granola and a dusting of nutmeg if desired, and serve immediately.