Rosewater, cardamom and pistacho shortbread cookies
Rosewater, Cardamom and Pistacho Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shelled lightly salted, dry roasted pistachios
1. Beat the butter till fluffy.
2. Turn the mixer off and add the powdered sugar, rosewater and cardamom. Mix till incorporated, on low speed. Once it’s all mixed together beat for 3 minutes on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Add flour. Do not over mix. The mixture will be slightly crumbly.
4. Add the pistachios mix until the pistachios are distributed throughout the dough. Divide the dough in half and roll into a log approximately 12 inches long on top of a large rectangular piece of wax paper. Roll the cookie dough log in the wax paper and twist the ends.
5. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until completely firm.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using a sharp knife, slice the log into 1/4 inch pieces. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are starting to very slightly brown.