Shortbread thumbprint cookies
- 1 pkg. (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2-1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. finely chopped pecans, or coconut
- 1-1/4 c. jam ( your favored jam)
1. Heat oven to 350F. Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until blended. Add flour, baking soda and pecans; mix well.
2. Refrigerate 30 min. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place on baking sheet. Indent centers.
3. Bake 10 min. Fill each cookie with about 1 tsp.jam. Bake 8-10 more min. or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet a couple of minutes. Remove to wire racks, cool completely.