Snack recipe for kids lunch boxes
- 100 g rolled oats
- 60 g sesame seeds
- 60 g sunflower seeds
- 60 g pumpkin seeds
- 60 g shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sultanas or dried cranberries
- 125 g Western Star Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a small slice tin with baking paper. Set aside. Place the oats, seeds and coconut on a large tray.
2. Transfer the tray into the oven and toast for 5-8 minutes or until the coconut begins to turn golden. Remove the tray from the oven, place the ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, heat the butter, honey and cinnamon over a medium low heat. Stir regularly for 2 minutes or until the butter has just melted. Pour the butter mixture into the toasted ingredients, along with the sultanas, and mix well until combined.
4. Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin, and flatten out with your hands (get the kids involved!) or using the back of a large spoon. Place the tin in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until set.
5. Remove the cold slice from the tin and cut into squares or long bars.