Sweet potato brownies
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups grated sweet potato
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon milk, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10×13-inch baking dish.
- Beat white sugar and 1 cup softened butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; add sweet potato, flour, pecans, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt, stirring well after each addition, until batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar and 2 tablespoons melted butter together in a bowl; add enough milk to make a thin glaze. Spread glaze over brownies while still hot. Cool and slice brownies.